Electronics are wondrous devices. You plug them in, and they charge and allow you to communicate with your loved ones. They also grant you access to the newest information from across the globe.
With the advent of technology stems the desire to advance on anything that’s already in existence. The creation of 5G is a sure sign of that. It’s a new technology that’s an upgrade compared to 4G as it boasts speeds of up to 20 times faster. Sounds like a beast, right? While this means you can gain access to and transfer information quicker than before, it comes with one major drawback; EMF radiation.
EMF radiation is an invisible electromagnetic field that’s produced when your phone is plugged into the charger, connected to Wi-Fi, or turn on the light bulbs in your home. While more convenience and higher speed will have the tech-savvy crowd teeming with excitement, this happiness comes at a price. In this case, it’s the exposure to EMF radiation.
All electronic gadgets produce electromagnetic fields (EMFs). But, some pose more danger to our health than others, such as those emitted from 5G devices. With that being said, let’s explore in depth why you should be aware of how to effectively protect yourself from 5G radiation.
How tech innovation works
Before an idea comes into fruition and then a force to be reckoned with, it undergoes various steps, as discussed below.
- A light bulb goes off in your head about an idea to create a product that’s way ahead of its time.
- Once the company files a patent, it’s on the quest for lobbyists who will formulate a strategic plan for the success of the idea in question. This doesn’t factor in whether or not it carries a barrage of health risks.
- The idea comes to life behind closed doors with limited testing, and the main goal being to create high-profit margins.
- Through the self-serving deals and secret lobbying coupled with payoffs, regulations are adulterated and at times, bypassed. The public has a minimal choice in the matte. In the end, we all lose except the said company.
There are no laws in place that genuinely safeguard humanity from the loopholes glorifying technology firms. Therefore, their agendas will keep superseding human health for decades to come.
What are EMFs?
Today’s world is filled to the brim with technology. Glance around, and you’ll see at least one electronic gadget. Most of us use a smartphone or laptop and connect to the internet every day, all of which produce EMFs. They’re everywhere.
EMFs are invisible clouds of electricity surrounding electrically charged particles that are constantly in motion. Every non-living and living being has a unique electromagnetic field. Some of the sources of EMFs are:
- Smart meters
- Power lines
- Fluorescent and halogen light bulbs
- Wireless gadgets such as fitness trackers, Bluetooth devices, and baby monitors.
- Microwave ovens
What is 5G?
It began with 3G, then progressed to 4G, and now, with the advent of technology, we’ve ushered in 5G (5th Generation Wireless Technology). Despite this being touted as technological advancement, it also carries with it, hidden and toxic, high-frequency radiation.
Therefore, it comes as no surprise that public health experts have raised their voices on the dangers of the safety of 5G. While this uproar has been received with harassment and intimidation by the technology giants, the fact remains, we’re hastily swept into the world of 5G.
4G Radiation vs. 5G Radiation: What’s the difference?
The major difference between the two is that 4G has waves of lower frequency, which means that the reception towers can function properly despite being miles apart. 5G, on the other hand, requires the reception towers to be in closer proximity because the connection uses frequency wavelengths that are notably higher and shorter.
The outcome of this is that you may stumble upon small cell receptors attached to nearly every household for optimized reception.
The fact that 5G connections are being introduced in place of 4G devices implies that there are other notable variations between the two, as discussed below.
1. The frequencies are different
4G devices operate on frequencies that are less than 6GHz. For 5G connections, the frequencies range from 30GHz to as high as 300GHz. Ultimately this implies that 5G networks are incapable of traveling as far as 4G connections, but are undeniably more efficient.
Moreover, 5G frequencies have higher directional accuracy compared to 4G. The latter’s reception towers function by emitting radio waves in all directions which is not an efficient method of transmitting data to users.
However, 5G networks are effective in supplying a higher concentration of accurate data beams. This leads to the possible supply of faster bandwidth.
2. Faster speed
5G ascertains higher frequency radio waves, which translate to more superior bandwidth speeds. This means that you can expect internet surfing speeds of up to 20 times quicker than its predecessor. Imagine your device loading a webpage in a timeframe of less than 1 millisecond? Sounds amazing, right?
Nevertheless, these high-frequency radio waves usher in the possible interference from the natural elements and buildings. Therefore, this is where more reception towers come into play. However, an increment in reception towers paves the way for more radiation exposure. In turn, this leads to a myriad of dangers to your health.
Health risks associated with 5G radiation
The 5G network has been touted as the next revolution in mobile technology, and its benefits are clear. But, one vital question remains largely unanswered: what are some of the health risks associated with this new beast?
Well, here are some of the adverse health repercussions.
- Fatigue and weakness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Elevated risk of cancer
- DNA damage
- Memory loss
- Irregular sleep pattern
- Brain tumors
- Heart disease
- Premature aging
While these symptoms are adverse, the beauty of it is that you can protect yourself from the harmful exposure of 5G radiation.
Foolproof ways for 5G radiation protection
As they say, prevention is better than cure. While there’s nothing we can do about the technology giants churning out 5G devices, we can certainly take precautions to protect ourselves from the harmful radiation exposure.
To that end, here are some of the top ways to do so.
1. Keep distance
Probably a fraction of people across the globe don’t own a smartphone or tablet. Studies show that there are more than 3 billion smartphone users in the world. Therefore, it’s a common phenomenon for people to carry their devices with them everywhere they go. In turn, this notably elevates radiation exposure.
While it may seem like an uphill task, the best thing you can do is maintain as much distance from your device as possible. This includes the following.
- Frequent time-outs: Refrain from using your smartphone or tablet for long periods. While it may seem impossible to do, limiting contact with your device is a tip-top way of curbing radiation exposure. Furthermore, the time-outs serve as an amazing source of inspiration when you’re plugged out of the many distractions that come from using your phone.
- During excursions, for example, you can keep your phone tucked away in a chic EMF protective bag as you enjoy some R&R.
- Avoid plugging your phone in the charger when you’re near it. Charge it in another room to limit your radiation.
- Wired headsets: These come in handy when making or receiving calls on your 5G device. They aid in the reduction of prolonged, close contact, which in turn, minimizes radiation exposure.
- When your phone is not in use, switch it off, for instance, when you’re hard at work or getting a goodnight’s rest after a long day.
- Phones emit a surge of radiation when a call goes through because of the power required to establish and maintain the connection. Therefore, you should wait for 2-3 seconds after it connects before placing the phone directly on your ear.
- Whenever possible, use the speakerphone to make and receive calls to protect yourself from harmful radiation. Apple suggests a constant, 10mm proximity between users and their devices.
Keeping from your electronic gadgets won’t entirely curb your exposure to 5G radiation. But, it will certainly help you avoid grappling with the above adverse symptoms, which stem from longterm exposure.
2. Monitor EMF levels
Sounds a bit drastic, right? However, this is solely based on your desire to limit exposure to the harmful radiation that 5G gadgets emit. With an EMF meter, you’re able to pinpoint the areas with the highest radiation.
While the meter won’t single out a particular type of radiation, it’ll do an amazing job of identifying the sources emitting the greatest levels.
Knowledge is power! Through identification of the severity and source of 5G radiation, you’ll be able to make the necessary changes to stay away from these sources.
Currently, there are few 5G reception towers. However, it won’t take long before there’s a barrage of them in your city. Therefore, hunting them down and altering your routes will significantly lower your exposure.
These monitors are user-friendly and are packed with useful information on the type and level of radiation exposure in your household. A top-notch monitor also allows you to determine possible implementations of 5G networks in the vicinity.
3. An EMF shield is a worthy investment
There’s a broad range of products you can purchase to neutralize or lower the harmful radiation your 5G device emits, for instance, an EMF shield. While it may not entirely diminish the risk of exposure, it lowers it by more than 90%.
For mobile phones, the EMF shields come in the form of diodes or phone cases that you can directly attach to your mobile gadget. Those who are more conscious about the exposure can invest in larger EMF shields designed for TVs and laptops.
4. Home protection
While EMF shields are effective, below are other measures that you can take to limit your exposure to 5G radiation.
- Ensure all Wi-Fi enabled gadgets are plugged out when they’re not in use, more so, for pregnant women and children. Radiation exposure can have detrimental effects on their health and growth.
- Rid your bedroom of all gadgets that run on 5G frequencies. Not only does this drastically improve your sleeping pattern, but it will also minimize your radiation exposure.
- Unplug your Wi-Fi router when it’s not in use. Doing so is one of the easiest ways of limiting your exposure to harmful EMFs.
- Purchase EMF protection paint that’s a beast in blocking low and high-frequency wavelengths. Not only is it black, but is also applied like regular paint. You can apply one coat. But, it’s recommended to apply at least two coats for enhanced EMF protection. Once the paint dries, you have free rein to apply regular paint.
- Wi-Fi blocking paint: We live in an era where nearly everyone depends on Wi-Fi to connect to the internet. Therefore, it’s common to be bombarded with a plethora of nearby wireless networks.
Nonetheless, like other forms of technology, Wi-Fi has its problems, with the main one being, it revs up your exposure to radiation. This is where Wi-Fi blocking paint comes into play. It blocks the barrage of wireless networks once you apply it on the walls of your home, thereby protecting you from high EMF exposure.
Check out our full article on protecting your home from EMF radiation.
5. Diet is Key
This may seem like a bizarre way to combat 5G radiation exposure. But, what you’re probably not aware of is that eating foods rich in Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) lower the concentration of free radicals in your body.
High levels of free radicals in your body alter DNA as they result in cell mutation, which causes cancer.
Some of the foods rich in ORAC are:
- Kidney beans
Complementing your diet with foods rich in Omega-3 coupled with vitamin D3, such as salmon, optimizes your body’s ability to fight free radicals. Thus, this lowers the repercussions that radiation exposure has on your health.
6. Activate Airplane Mode
When was the last time you activated Airplane Mode on your phone? This is one of the most underutilized device features. Turning on this feature won’t fully protect you from your phone’s radiation (like turning your phone off will). But, it will significantly reduce it by blocking the connection to the 5G cell tower.
Smartphones are constantly discharging radiation even when they’re not actively in use. That’s because they must maintain the cellular connection to nearby towers. Moreover, there are usually various mobile applications running in the background which use radio frequency waves. This results in the emission of harmful radiation. Activating Airplane mode will thereby limit this emission.
7. Earthing/ Grounding
In today’s age of technology, Earthing is essential and won’t cost you a dime. It entails treading on the ground with your bare feet. In doing so, you absorb the Earth’s energy, which renews and stabilizes the bioelectrical system in your body that’s in charge of your vitality.
Hence, consistently implementing this method protects you from the adverse health effects that result from 5G radiation exposure.
8. Avoid using your phone when the signal is low
A phone signal is weak when you’re in a plane and train, or in a vehicle that’s hastily making its way on the road. Low phone signals result in high transmitting power when they’re attempting to connect to the nearest cell tower. In turn, this leads to a ramp-up in radiation exposure.
9. Shorter phone calls
Did you know that you probably spend an average of 5 hours or more, every day, on your smartphone? Yes, this includes phone calls. But what you don’t realize is that the longer the calls, the greater your body’s exposure is to radiation. Therefore, it’s in your best interest to keep those juicy conversations as short as possible. After all, your health is more important than catching up on the latest gossip with your best friend.
10. Ramp up your texting
While this may seem obvious, shooting a text to someone requires considerably lower signal power compared to making phone calls. Thus, where possible, send a text. This helps you avoid unnecessary exposure to radiation.
11. Bluetooth is your worst enemy
It’s no secret that Bluetooth headsets make hands-free calling a breeze. But, here’s a shocker. These headsets give off ramped up radiation levels directly into your ear, which has a long-term negative impact on your health. So, get rid of them altogether.
12. Air Tube Headset
Typically, the main goal of using headphones is to diminish the level of radiation exposure. Air Tube Headsets step this up by a few notches as they further protect your brain from this harmful exposure. Despite being a tad bit heavier, they’re the perfect mix of half-wired cable and air tubes.
Just like a doctor’s stethoscope, Air Tube Headsets convert electrical signals to harmless airwaves as the sound then travels through the air tubes to your ears. This results in tip-top sound quality.
13. Refrain from using your device in the car
Most of us aren’t aware that 5G radiation bounces around vehicles. In turn, this revs up your exposure to the harmful radiation being emitted from your device. Cars magnify this radiation and elevate the levels absorbed into your body. So, if you can, avoid using your phone in the car, until you get to your destination.
14. Don’t use your device when you’re burned-out or unwell
As is the case with other biological dangers, your body is less susceptible to defend itself from harmful radiation when your immune system has been compromised. Our cell membranes receive 5G radiation which kicks off a chain reaction of cell destruction.
The ripple effect of this is a multitude of negative health impacts, such as brain tumors. Therefore, you should be more cautious about radiation sources when you’re unwell or knackered.
15. A landline is your friend
If you fancy long phone calls to your loved ones and close friends, then a landline is just what you need. While it may seem archaic, a landline notably lowers your exposure to the radiation that 5G devices discharge.
Do you recall that nifty yellow landline from your childhood? You know, the one with along cord that always got tangled up but still managed to function? Well, as it turns out, that simple landline is a lifesaver!
Landlines don’t emit any harmful radiation, as is the case with 5G devices and cordless phones. It may not be your first choice in today’s era of technology. But, having a landline in your household will prevent you and your family from facing the health repercussions of radiation exposure, a few decades down the road. This is because landlines are only linked to phone jacks and not power outlets.
Therefore, they don’t require any frequency to function which means no radiation is emitted. The beauty of these simple communication devices is that they can function even during emergencies since they don’t require electricity to operate.
16. Protect your children from 5G radiation exposure
Let’s face it. Children can be exhausting, and every now and then, parents need to take a breather. This explains why there are countless times when you’ve walked into a restaurant and stumbled upon parents giving their children cell phones to keep them entertained.
However, while this may sound harsh, under no circumstances should you hand over a 5G cell phone to your child for entertainment purposes. This is because children’s brains are still developing and have significantly thinner skulls compared to adults. Thus, this makes them more susceptible to 5G radiation exposure and the adverse health effects it ushers in.
17. EMF Protection Clothing
When you need protection from 5G, you can always use EMF protection clothing. Silver is typically woven into these fabrics and provide Faraday protection by reflecting the electromagnetic waves away from the fabric instead of absorbing it.
The best products to buy that protect you from 5G radiation
While there’s nothing you can do to stop the evolution of 5G technology, you can certainly take matters into your own hands. This entails investing in any of the top products below that neutralize or diminish the emission of 5G radiation.
- High-frequency analyzer: This handy tool allows you to test the radiation levels of the gadgets and rooms in your household. Being portable, you can also test the radiation levels in the vicinity, wherever you go.
- Plug-in filters: It’s a lifesaver for those that have wireless routers in their households. While it doesn’t offer 100% protection, it stops more than 80% of the 5G radiation exposure.
- Ferrite beads: These come in different sizes and stop most of the radiation emitted from 5G gadgets. They function by filtering out up to 95% of radiofrequency energy to heat. This energy would otherwise make its way into your ear and result in severe health damage in the long run.
- Shield caps: If you like to accessorize your outfits with caps, then shield caps were designed with you in mind. They contain fibers that are an ideal mix of polyester, stainless steel, and cotton, which serve as a protective armor against harmful 5G radiation.
- Shield net: You won’t win the best-dressed award with a shielding net, but it will serve its purpose of protecting you against harmful radiation. Made from two layers of silver-coated nylon, shield nets are particularly essential for those living or working next to 5G cell towers.
- Shield skull caps: Designed to be worn when hitting the hay or underneath a hat or wig, these caps protect your entire brain from harmful radiation exposure. They’re certainly a must-have because the brain is the most vulnerable organ to extensive damage from this exposure.
- Women’s belly band: It’s a no-brainer that babies are more susceptible to severe damage from exposure to 5G radiation. Therefore, it’s vital to protect them. Anti-radiation belly bands are thereby an ideal option for pregnant women who live or work in a highly radioactive environment. Despite being a tad bit uncomfortable to wear all day, this band will give you the peace of mind you need in knowing that your child is safe.
- Shield Hoodie: It’s woven with metal fibers that serve as a shield from high radioactive environments. Wearing shield hoodies is a practical, fashionable, casual, and comfortable solution to prevent exposure to 5G radiation. Pretty cool, right?
- Eye shields: As they say, better sleep for better health. Based on how you treat your body, it can be your best friend or worst enemy. Studies show that every adult needs an uninterrupted 7-9 hours of sleep every day for optimal health. Therefore, without enough rest, your body is bound to let you down.
Given that your nervous system and brain operate on electrical impulses, exposure to amped-up levels of 5G radiation interferes with their normal functioning and deters you from a good night’s rest.
If you’re sleep-deprived, you’ll most likely experience elevated levels of irritability and stress, high blood pressure, diabetes, and memory loss. Moreover, the lack of sleep also deters your body from circulating essential hormones that boost your immune system. This leaves you susceptible to disease-causing pathogens. These eye shields are the catalyst for blocking out the harmful radio waves and help you sleep like a baby.
- Overalls: It’s an ideal and practical solution for those who work in areas with high levels of EMF radiation, including 5G cell towers. The overalls are not only breathable but also contain metallic fibers that protect you from radiation exposure.
- Maternity camisoles: When motherly instincts kick in, pregnant women will do almost anything to protect their unborn children. This includes shielding them from the dangers of EMF radiation by wearing these practical maternity camisoles as lingerie.
- Women’s dress coat: This fashion-forward attire is perfect for the outdoors, where there is a multitude of cell towers. For instance, a kindergarten school teacher can rock this dress coat outside while she watches the children play if there are a couple of cell towers closeby.
- Lab coat: There are numerous times when we’re indoors, working near a barrage of Wi-Fi devices, all of which expose us to harmful EMF radiation. Thus, this is where an anti-radiation lab coat comes into play because it acts as an ideal shield.
- Apron: It’s a practical solution for those who are constantly in a highly radioactive environment. This includes pregnant mothers who do everything in their power to keep their unborn children safe.
Moreover, if you’re constantly seated behind a laptop, then you should consider purchasing this unique apron. While it doesn’t shield your face, it protects you from radiation directed towards your torso, which is at least 70% of your entire body.
- Disposable shields: They’re equally as cheap as buying a $6 poncho with the added advantage that they offer you effective protection from 5G radiation exposure. Therefore, you should invest in this handy attire if you know you’ll be around high levels of RF radiation for long durations. It’ll protect you in a jiffy.
- Bed canopy: The beauty of it is that it occupies less space compared to a coat in your luggage, in case you wish to carry it on your travels. Moreover, it’s easy to set up on your bed, which makes it a major convenience.
- Protective beddings: These can protect you in different ways. For instance, assume that there’s a radiation source stemming from the floor beneath your apartment. The beddings would shield you from radiation while you hit the hay. As a bonus, the sheets and pillowcases exude comfort.
- Silver lining shirt: If you like to throw on a pair of jeans coupled with a t-shirt and call it a day, then the silver lining t-shirt is right up your alley. It may not be a fashion statement but will serve its purpose for those working or living in a high EMF radiation area. Better safe than sorry, right?
- Large Wi-Fi router guards: These are metallic mesh boxes in which you can put your Wi-Fi router. The router guards also come in handy when you want to place your 5G devices while blocking out most of the radiation coming from them.
- Scarf shield: What better way to be protected from 5G radiation sources than a scarf shield made from silver-plated nylon? Along with shielding your brain, this scarf will keep you warm.
- Laptop radiation shields: There are countless times when you place your laptop lap. Thus, these radiation shields prevent harmful radiation from penetrating through when your laptop is sitting on your laps. Doing so makes your laptop safer, more so when used as directed.
EMF radiation is a silent killer and is something you shouldn’t take lightly, more so with the fast-rising 5G technology. By taking the necessary precautions as early as now, you’ll be able to protect yourself before the long-term effects of exposure rear its ugly head. Have you tried out some of the methods and products discussed? We’d be delighted to hear about your experience. You can also recommend other foolproof ways to minimize EMF radiation exposure.
Oliver, J. P., Chou, C. K. and Balzano, Q. (2003), Testing the effectiveness of small radiation shields for mobile phones. Bioelectromagnetics, 24: 66-69. doi:10.1002/bem.10076